Are you searching for an online learning platform that caters to your needs? Don’t worry! After trying out the platforms and checking out what they offer, I have listed the top 9 online learning platforms that cater to the needs of all learners.
Online learning has become much more feasible in today’s digitalization era. The topics like digital marketing, search engine optimization, graphic designing, content writing, fronted development, backend development, full-stack development, etc. have gained tremendous importance.
Platforms like Coursera, Edx, Udacity, Udemy, Linkedin learning, Skillshare, Masterclass, Plural sight, Mindvalley, etc., have gained popularity in recent years.
Learning from the comfort of your home and with flexible deadlines makes the learning process much more manageable. Besides, most platforms provide an interactive and fun way of learning with hands-on projects and tasks.
What more are you waiting for? Let’s dive deep into the details of online learning platforms.
Table of Contents
Online Learning Platform: In a Nutshell
If you are in a hurry and don’t have enough time, you can go through the table below.
|1.||Coursera||$ 399 / year||4.5/5|
|2.||Edx.org||$ 50- $ 350 per course||4.3/5|
|3.||Udacity||$399 / month||4.1/5|
|4.||Udemy||$9 – $ 250||4.2/5|
|5.||LinkedIn Learning (Ex Lynda)||$ 29.99 / month||4.3/5|
|6.||Skillshare||$ 36 / month||3.9/5|
|7.||Masterclass||$ 15/ month||4.2/5|
|8.||Pluralsight||$29 / month||3.7/5|
|9.||Mindvalley||$ 99 / month||4.1/5|
Let us take a detailed look at the Platforms mentioned in the table above.
Coursera was founded by Daphne Koller and Andrew Ng in 2012. It claims to be partnered with 275 leading universities and companies. The platform provides a range of hands-on projects, courses, and degree & certificate programs.
According to Coursera, 107 million learners and more than 7000 businesses, campuses, and governments use Coursera to learn and improve their skills. Also, they have partnered with institutes like the University of Michigan, Yale University, Google, Duke University, IBM, etc.
Besides, learners are offered Guided Projects for 1-2 hours, Courses that last up to 4-12 hours, specializations that require 1-3 months, Professional certificates that need 1-6 months to complete, MasterTrack certificates that will take 4-7 months and a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
Moreover, Coursera has free courses as well as paid ones according to the need of the learners.
- Learn with experts and get credentials from leading universities and companies.
- You can get free access to many courses and free audits for paid courses.
- Also, the platform has courses that are self-paced and have flexible deadlines.
- Covers all the subjects and topics.
- Provides a completion certificate at the end of the courses.
Pricing: $ 399 / year (Coursera Plus: Unlimited access to all classes)
EdX has partnered with more than 160 universities like Harvard University, Berkeley, The University of Texas, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, etc., to deliver the courses. Around 3600+ courses are offered with 15 thousand instructors.
As claimed by Edx, their courses have 110+ million enrollments with 42 million users.
Edx has a wide range of subjects and topics to choose from. The courses offered are free as well as paid ones.
Edx fulfills the needs of all learners, whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or expert. The platform is suitable for all professionals, students, and enthusiasts.
- The platform follows the approach of experience, practice, and application.
- Offers a wide variety of courses in subjects like Computer Science, Languages, Data Science, Business and Management, Engineering, Humanities, etc.
- You can learn from free and paid courses according to your needs.
Pricing: $ 50- $ 350 per course (Varies according to the course)
Udacity provides courses for enterprises, governments, and individuals. You will find courses in Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Systems, Business, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Data Science, Executive leadership, and Programming and development.
Moreover, Udacity claims to serve the companies like Shell, BMW, Accenture, etc. The platform offers workshop courses that last up to short durations and nano degrees that will need more than three months to complete.
You will be able to find free and paid courses on the platform. The courses are tailor-made for beginners, intermediates, and experts. The platform will serve your learning needs, whether a student or a professional.
- Provides personalized feedback.
- Hands-on projects in the courses.
- Curriculum created according to the need of industries.
- The platform has a highly vetted network of 400+ tutors and instructors.
Pricing: $399 / month
Note: Well we have already done a detailed Udemy vs edX comparison here.
Udemy provides courses on web development, mobile development, game development, entrepreneurship, business analytics& intelligence, digital marketing, graphic designing, IT certifications, personal transformations, etc.
New courses are published every month on Udemy. Also, presently you can choose from 204,000 online video courses.
Also, you can learn the courses at your own pace as the courses have a flexible deadline. The courses are taught by industry experts.
Udemy claims to be trusted by the companies such as Nasdaq, Box, NetApp, Eventbrite, etc. Besides, you can easily become an instructor on the platform by completing all the required formalities. Moreover, Udemy for business provides unlimited access to 17,000+ top courses.
- The courses on the platform are available in various languages, such as Japanese, Russian, Chinese, German, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- The learners will access quizzes, exercises, hands-on coding, practice tests, and assignments.
- You can view courses in offline mode as well.
Pricing: $9 – $ 250 (varies with each course )
LinkedIn was founded by Reid Hoffman and Pyan Roslansky in 2002 and was launched in 2003. The platform claims to have 830 million members across 200 countries.
The courses are expert-led by instructors with real-world industry experience. Presently you can choose from 18,200 courses available on the platform.
Whether a student or a professional, the courses will meet your requirements. The courses are great for beginners, intermediates, and expert-level learners.
You can take advantage of 1 month’s free trial to explore the platform and its courses. You will find courses on design, Development, Technology, Photography, Graphics, etc.
- The courses can be downloaded for offline viewing.
- You will find bite-sized modules to understand the content and lessons easily.
- You will be offered a completion certificate at the end of the course.
Pricing: $ 29.99 / month
Also Read: Skillshare vs MasterClass
Skillshare offers courses in subjects such as animations & design, photo, and film, illustration, lifestyle, business, writing, etc. The courses offered are from industry experts.
Moreover, you won’t receive the certificate of completion on completing the courses. Any organization or institution does not accredit the platform.
- The platform focuses on a project-based learning approach.
- The courses are taught by the icons from their respective fields.
- You will find video presentations and class projects during the lectures in the course.
Pricing: $ 36 / month
Note: If you want to know more about MasterClass? Check our detailed MasterClass Review here.
The platform helps you to develop your skills with the help of top-notch expert icons as instructors. The video lectures are high quality and interactive.
The lectures in the courses include community activities, workbooks, and assignments.
The courses are offered in the subjects such as Food, Entertainment, Design & Style, Business, Music, Sports, Gaming, writing, wellness, Science, Technology, etc.
However, you will not be provided with an official completion certificate upon completing the courses. The learner receives a congratulatory email with some tips and advice.
- Every month new courses are added to the platform.
- The courses are taught by the great icons of the respective industries.
- You have a variety of topics and subjects to choose from on the platform.
Pricing: $ 15/ month (Unlimited access to all classes)
8. Plural sight
Plural sight is a suitable platform for you if you are a professional or an intermediate and advanced learner.
The platform provides you with different paths, including courses that specialize in them. You can also choose any single course but the platform recommends to go with a Path.
You can choose among 8000 courses available on the platform. The courses include subjects like creative skills, programming languages, security certifications, etc. After each course, you will be provided a certificate of completion to showcase in your profile.
- Plural sight focuses its courses mainly on working proking professionals.
- Short courses and mini-degree courses are available.
- Courses are organized according to the level of difficulty that is beginners, intermediate or advanced level.
Pricing: $29 / month (unlimited access)
The platform offers courses on topics such as Mind, Career, relationships, entrepreneurship, body, soul, teen parenting, etc.
You will find that the platform covers subjects related to self-development, personal growth, and individual transformations. The instructors on the platform include well-known CEOs, international speakers, authors, therapists, etc.
You will get a 15-day free trial to explore the courses and decide whether the platform suits you.
However, the courses are small-sized and clear with the content to make a bit-sized betterment in yourself every day. Also, you will be easily able to complete courses despite your busy schedule due to the small length of the courses.
- With the help of well-framed programs, the courses are taught by the world’s best trainers.
- You will be provided daily tips, ideas, insights, etc., to upskill yourself.
- The platform will provide you with community support and peer support.
Pricing: $ 99 / month
Final Verdict: Best Online Learning Platforms (2022)
That’s all with the Online Learning Platform. I hope that the list has helped you to choose a platform suitable for you.
If you are still confused about which platform to go with, here are my top picks among all the platforms.
The platform has versatility in the courses offered. Whether a student, professional, or enthusiast, the platform has all the courses available. You will find bachelor’s and master’s degree programs as well.
Edx is a platform that will provide you with various courses ranging from beginner to expert level courses. The platform offers free and paid courses that meet the needs of learners.
What else are you waiting for? Choose a platform that meets all your requirements and start learning.
What is an online learning platform?
An online learning platform is an all-in-one portal that makes teaching and learning easier for students and teachers. The platforms support activities like quizzes, hands-on projects, lectures, and student-teacher interaction.
Which is the best free online learning platform?
You can check out the above article in which I have listed the top 9 best online learning platforms.
Which is the best online learning platform for free?
Platforms like Coursera and Edx provide free online learning courses.
Which are the best online learning platforms with certification?
Udemy, Coursera, and Edx are a few of the best online learning platforms that provide certificates.
- Pluralsight Black Friday 2022 — 50% Off On All Plans - October 6, 2022
- edX Black Friday 2022 — Exclusive 50% Discount - October 3, 2022
- Coursera Plus Discount (Exclusive 50% Off | Oct 2022) - October 1, 2022