Millions of users trust Grammarly’s writing app to write clearly and effectively. It provides feedback on grammar, spelling, punctuation, clarity, and writing style and makes the writing stand out.
Furthermore, Grammarly has more than 30 million daily active users as of 2023, and it generated more than 8.8 million US dollars in the year 2022.
You can check out the following article if you are interested in knowing who uses Grammarly and the latest data about Grammarly’s revenue and market value.
Table of Contents
- Grammarly Statistics: At A Glance
- About Grammarly
- General Grammarly Statistics
- Grammarly Statistics In-depth
- How many people use Grammarly?
- Who uses Grammarly?
- What Is Grammarly Used For?
- How often does a student use Grammarly?
- How much time does Grammarly save?
- Grammarly Marketplace And Revenue.
- Which countries use Grammarly?
- Traffic And Engagement On Grammarly
- Which are the top marketing channels of Grammarly?
- Which are the top keywords driving traffic to Grammarly.com?
- Which Social media traffic on Grammarly.com?
- Grammarly App Downloads
- Grammarly Customers
- Evolution of Grammarly
- Grammarly Trends For 2023
- Wrapping Up: Grammarly Statistics (2023)
Grammarly Statistics: At A Glance
Here are some data from Grammarly well; check our detailed Grammarly Statistics here.
- 30 million people use Grammarly daily as of 2023.
- $8.8 million is generated by Grammarly in revenue as of 2023.
- Grammarly is valued at $13 billion as of 2023.
- In December 2022, Grammarly recorded monthly traffic of 71.4 million.
- $400 million was raised by Grammarly in funding.
- Grammarly can be used with more than 50,000 applications and websites.
- More than 50,000 professional and enterprise teams use Grammarly.
- Grammarly has more than 800 employees.
- 93% of all respondents reported that Grammarly helped them save time while writing.
- 99% of students have reported that Grammarly has helped them increase their grades.
- Grammarly receives more than 270,000 searches per day.
|Head Quarters||San Francisco, CA|
|Founders||Max Lytvyn, Alex Shevchenko, and Dmytro Lider|
|Backed by||Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, IVP (Institutional Venture Partners), General Catalyst, Sozo Ventures, and Breyer Capital|
|Grammarly revenue||$8.0 million+|
|Daily active users||30 million+|
General Grammarly Statistics
Grammarly is widely loved by people who have to face writing content daily. They prefer it as it is one of the most accurate and user-friendly software. Let us take a look at some general statistics related to Grammarly that will help you to understand where Grammarly stands.
- Grammarly ranks 747 globally.
- Grammarly is in the 449th position in the United States.
- In the United States, Grammarly ranks 11th in the science and education industry.
- 154 live websites use Grammarly, while 57 other sites used Grammarly in the past.
- 129 websites in the United States are using Grammarly.
- Grammarly can be integrated with over 50,000 websites and apps.
- On average, 8.8 million Google searches a month are received by Grammarly.
- More than 270,000 people search for Grammarly per day.
Source: Built with trends, Google Adwords, and Grammarly.
Grammarly Statistics In-depth
In the year 2009, Grammarly was launched by Alex Shevchenko, Dmytro Lider, and Max Lytvyn. It was developed by Grammarly Inc in San Francisco, California.
It was initially developed as an educational app to help students with their assignments and research papers. However, it was later open for people who use English in their everyday life.
Let us take a look at Grammarly statistics in detail and explore various interesting facts about Grammarly.
How many people use Grammarly?
According to Grammarly, it has more than 30 million daily active users as of 2023. This means more than 30 million people daily depend on Grammarly to improve the quality of their content.
In the year 2015, Grammarly had only 1 million daily users, while in 2018, it had only 8 million users. Grammarly grew rapidly after the year 2018.
The following table displays the number of daily active users of Grammarly over the years.
|Year||Daily Active Users Of Grammarly.|
On the other hand, more than 50,000 professional and enterprise teams now use Grammarly to improve their written communications.
Companies like Hackerone, Atlassian, data bricks, the NYC department of education, Expedia, Zapier, etc., trust Grammarly for their writings and are the major consumers of the software.
Who uses Grammarly?
In the following section, you will come across the facts and figures about the different characteristics of Grammarly users.
- 51.09% of female uses Grammarly, while 48.91% of male uses it as of 2023.
|Gender||Percentage Of Grammarly Users|
- Native English speakers use Grammarly more often than non-native speakers. 68% of native speakers use Grammarly. On the other hand, 32% of non-native speakers use Grammarly.
|Types of English Speakers||Percentage Of Grammarly Users|
|Native English speakers||68%|
|Non-native English speakers||32%|
- Grammarly is used by people worldwide, but 73% of Grammarly users are located in the United States.
- 31.15% of adults between the age of 25 to 34 use Grammarly, while 30.53% of adults in the age group of 18 to 24 years use it.
The following table displays the percentage of adults in different age groups using Grammarly.
|Age group||Percentage of Grammarly users|
|18 to 24 years||30.68%|
|25 to 34 years||30.66%|
|35 to 44 years||16.74%|
|45 to 54 years||11.18%|
|55 to 64 years||6.74%|
|More than 65 years||4.01%|
- 79% of Grammarly users said that they attended a college or University.
- 21% of Grammarly users had foreign student status.
- 43% of students using Grammarly were pursuing Masters’s degrees.
The following table displays the education pursued by Grammarly users.
|Degree||Percentage Of People|
|Some other professional Degree||9%|
- Most Grammarly users reported that they were enrolled in various academic courses. 20% of them were studying business, while 10% of them were enrolled in Psychology courses.
The following table displays the percentage of Grammarly users enrolled in different academic courses.
|Course||Percentage Of People|
What Is Grammarly Used For?
Students mostly use Grammarly for school-related writing like course papers, research papers, presentations, reports, etc. They use Grammarly for all courses ranging from Arts and Music to Philosophy and theology.
In the following section, we have added details about the usage of Grammarly in different Academic courses by students.
- 31% of students reported that they used Grammarly for writing courses.
The following table displays different courses opted for by students that use Grammarly the most.
|Course Name||Percentage Of Grammarly Users That Choose The Course.|
|English and literature||21%|
How often does a student use Grammarly?
72% of Grammarly users reported that they use Grammarly at least once a week. Most of them use it for academic writing like research papers, assignments and presentations.
The following table displays the frequency of Grammarly usage by its users.
|Frequency||Percentage Of Grammarly Users|
|No repeated use||19%|
|Less than once a month||4%|
|Once or twice a month||10%|
|Every other week||12%|
|Once or twice a week||33%|
|Once a day or more often||16%|
How much time does Grammarly save?
93% of users reported that Grammarly helped them save time on writing. The majority of users said that the amount of time they saved with the help of Grammarly was “notable.”
The following table displays the responses from the Grammarly users that saved their time with Grammarly.
|Time Saved By Grammarly Users||Percentage Of Grammarly users|
The following table displays the responses from Grammarly users that used Grammarly once a week about saving their time.
|Time Saved By Grammarly Users||Percentage Of Grammarly Users|
Grammarly Marketplace And Revenue.
What is the market value of Grammarly? How much revenue does Grammarly generate? What amount of investment did Grammarly receive? We have addressed these questions in the following section.
- Grammarly owns 4.22% of the market share of the content marketing tool industry.
- Grammarly raised a total of $400 million in funding in 3 rounds on Nov 17, 2021.
- Grammarly is backed by 8 investors.
General Catalyst, Sozo Ventures, IVP (Institutional Venture Partners), and Breyer Capital invested are the major investors of Grammarly. BlackRock and Baillie Gifford have recently joined the list.
- The valuation of Grammarly is $13 billion.
- Grammarly owns a 0.01% market share of software in other communication and collaboration.
- It stands at 91st place in the list of software in other communication and collaboration.
Source: Crunch base.
Which countries use Grammarly?
61% of Grammarly users are in the United States, while 12% are in India. Besides, only 7% of users are in the United Kingdom.
|Country||Percentage Of Grammarly Users|
Traffic And Engagement On Grammarly
Grammarly received a total visit of 72.4 million in December 2022. In contrast, there were 80.8 million visitors to Grammarly.com in October 2022. If you want to know more about the latest facts and figures about Grammarly’s traffic, you can check out the following section.
- The bounce rate of Grammarly.com is 49.53%.
- Grammarly’s annual revenue is $100.0 million – $200.0 million.
- Grammarly ranks 648th in the global ranking.
- The US ranks 391 when it comes to the usage of Grammarly.
- In 2023, Grammarly had 72.9 million visits to its website.
- 3.03 pages are visited by the users per visit.
- The average visit duration of people on the Grammarly website is 2.38 minutes.
- Grammarly’s traffic on the desktop has decreased by 8.42% compared to November 2022.
- Over the last three months, Grammarly’s global ranking has increased from 747 to 648.
The following table displays the total visits to Grammly.com over the past few months.
|October 2022||80.8 million|
|November 2022||79.1 million|
|December 2022||71.4 million.|
- In December 2022, Grammarly.com received the highest traffic on desktops from the United States.
The following table displays the traffic received by Grammarly from different countries.
|Country||Percentage of traffic received by Grammarly.||Total users on Desktop and Mobile||Desktop||Mobile|
|United States||40.46%||34.8 Million||86.85%||13.15%|
|United Kingdom||5.55%||4.8 Million||76.26%||23.74%|
Source: Similar web.
Which are the top marketing channels of Grammarly?
- The top source of traffic on Grammarly.com is direct traffic.
- 59.73% of desktop visits in December 2022 were reported to be from direct traffic, while 28.79% of traffic was from searches.
Grammarly Referral Traffic
Following is the category distribution of Grammarly.com
|Graphics Multimedia and Web Design||35.05%|
|Science and Education||20.37%|
|Computers Electronics and Technology||5.10%|
|Universities and Colleges||3.09%|
The following table displays the traffic received by Grammarly from different marketing channels.
|Marketing Channel||Received Traffic On Grammarly|
Sources: Similar web.
Which are the top keywords driving traffic to Grammarly.com?
Grammarly has a total of 16.8 k keywords. Out of these keywords, only 25.69% of traffic on Grammarly comes from paid searches, while 74.31% of traffic is from organic searches.
The following table displays the top keywords that drive organic traffic to Grammarly.com on desktop.
|Top Keywords||Traffic received on Grammarly|
|plagiarism checker||1.1 million|
|Grammar checker||208.5 K|
- 33.49% of traffic on Grammarly comes from youtube. At the same time, 20.20% is from Facebook.
The following table displays the percentage of traffic received on Grammarly.com from different social media platforms.
|Social Media Platform||Percentage of traffic received on Grammarly.|
Source: Similar web.
Grammarly App Downloads
Grammarly works with Windows, macOS, Linux, and iOS. Let us take a look at the number of Grammarly app downloads on these devices.
- More than 10 million people have downloaded Grammarly’s free chrome extension.
- Grammarly has 4.4 stars on the Apple app store.
- There are more than over 10 million downloads of Grammarly on the Play Store. The app has 4.5 stars on the store.
Currently, Grammarly has 8346 customers. These customers are from different industries and niches. In the following section, we have compiled details about the top customers of Grammarly.
- As of 2023, 4258 companies have started using Grammarly as a content marketing tool.
The following table displays the customers and their employee range.
|St. Mary’s Medical Center||10,000+|
|Lithuanian Youth Council||10,000+|
|the University Of Utah||10,000+|
|San Diego Unified School District||10,000+|
- The top three industries using Grammarly for content marketing are SEO, digital marketing, and marketing.
The following table displays the number of customers of Grammarly from top industries.
|Industry||Number Of Customers|
|Social media marketing||200|
- Most customers of Grammarly reside in the United States. It is followed by the United Kingdom and India.
The following table displays the countries with the most Grammarly customers.
Evolution of Grammarly
Grammarly has evolved tremendously since its launch. Many new features and functions have been added to the software year after year. Let us take a look at the evolution history of Grammarly.
- Grammarly was founded in the year 2009.
- Grammarly released its editor in the year 2010.
- Brad Hoover(current CEO) joined Grammarly in the year 2011.
- Grammarly was named on the INC 500 list in the year 2013. In the same year,
- Grammarly released a Microsoft Office add-in.
- Grammarly became the Crunchie finalist in the year 2014.
- Grammarly released a browser extension for Chrome and other popular browsers.
- For its Grammar checker abilities, Grammarly gained mainstream recognition in the year 2016. Many well-known publications like PC world and Lifehacker featured it.
- In the year 2017, Grammarly received an investment of $ 110 million in its first funding round. Further, it released a virtual mobile keyword for Android and iOS.
- Grammarly released a version compatible with google docs in the year 2018.
- In the year 2019, Grammarly released a tone detector. They also announced the plans for the business version of its grammar checker.
- Grammarly released a business version of its software in 2020. It also released a version for iPad.
Grammarly Trends For 2023
With the digitalization of all industries, Grammarly is expected to gain more consumers in the year 2023. Here are a few trends that will be seen in 2023.
- Grammarly is used by millions of students to increase their writing quality.
- Grammarly is expected to gain more customers in the year 2023. Moreover, students are using Grammarly in daily life in the year 2023.
- More users will address the tone, grammar, writing, and other issues in 2023.
- 70% of Grammarly users reported that it helped them increase their confidence level as of 2023.
Wrapping Up: Grammarly Statistics (2023)
That’s all about Grammarly Statistics.
Over the past ten years, Grammarly has built the most successful software out there and has plenty of space to grow. There are billions of English speakers around the globe, and Grammarly is anticipating getting them hooked on their product. Grammarly users are excited to see where the software reaches in the upcoming years.
If you have enjoyed reading the above article, you can take a look at other updated articles on our website.
- 12+ Best Grammar Checker Of 2023 (Updated List) - March 25, 2023
- 9+ Best Online Teaching Platforms For Teachers in 2023 - March 25, 2023
- Linkedin Learning Review 2023: Is It Worth The HYPE? - March 25, 2023